The Milton Elementary SBDM has recommended the following dress code for all students attending Milton Elementary.
- Dresses, skirts and shorts shorter than mid-thigh are not permitted.
- Tank tops, spaghetti straps, and strapless tops are not permitted.
- Backless/strapless and open toe shoes are not permitted (including flip flops) (Tennis shoes are strongly recommended for P.E. class.)
- Shoes containing roller skate wheels are not permitted.
- Sagging pants and low rider pants, which result in possible exposure of undergarments and/or stomachs, are not permitted.
- Wearing of hats, bandannas or hoods are not permitted.
- Unnatural hairstyles and colors, excessive make-up, or excessive jewelry will not be permitted. Parents will be called to pick up their child from school if this occurs.
- Children are encouraged to bring sweaters, light jackets and/or sweatshirts to wear in rooms that are cool. Heavy winter coats and parkas are to be stored in the cubbies during the school day.
VIOLATION OF DRESS CODE WILL RESULT IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CONSEQUENCES DEPENDING ON THE FREQUENCY OF THE VIOLATION:
- Written notification to the parent/guardian
- A phone call to parent/guardian
- Removal from class until the parent provides appropriate clothing.
Staff members have the right to contact the parent/guardian in the event that the dress code has been violated.