Trimble County Schools will resume in-person and virtual classes this week on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. Monday, January 4th, will be a teacher/staff professional day. After this week, Trimble County Schools will continue to follow the same instructional model as the first semester. In-Person students will physically attend school Monday-Thursday. Fridays will be Non-Traditional Instructional Days for all students. Childcare at MES and BES will resume this Friday, also.
Important reminders to ensure the safest return possible:
• All the Healthy at School guidelines are still in place, including wearing a face covering, temperature checks, hand-washing and social distancing.
• Families are still required to report a positive COVID test or COVID exposure to your child’s school or the district health coordinator. This will assist us in doing our own contact tracing, and fulfill the requirement that those incidences are reported to the state.
• PLEASE, do not send your child to school with symptoms. We ask that you err on the side of caution and keep your child at home. Consult with the school’s nurse or front office on when your child can safely return to school.
• Meal services will resume this week for pick-up and meal delivery.
• Students’ placements for the remainder of the second 9 weeks - either online or in-person - will be the same as they were prior to Thanksgiving. If you wish to change your child’s placement for the third grading period beginning Jan. 20, you must request that change by contacting your child’s school no later than Friday, Jan. 8, 2021 at 3pm.
• We will continue to provide virtual instruction for those families that feel their students are safer learning from home.
• Please be aware that our return plan includes the possibility of moving to a hybrid schedule with Blue/Gold Learning days, closing an individual classroom, school or the entire district due to staffing issues or outbreaks.
If any of our plans change, you will be notified as soon as possible. We appreciate your support and we can't wait to see our students back on Tuesday!