On November 18, 2020, the Governor signed an executive order that direct the following mandates:
1. All public and private elementary, middle, and high schools (kindergarten through grade 12) shall cease in-person instruction and transition to remote or virtual instruction beginning November 23, 2020.
2. All middle and high schools (grades 6 through 12) shall remain in remote or virtual instruction and not resume in-person instruction prior to January 4, 2021.
3. For the period from December 7, 2020 to January 4, 2020, all elementary schools (kindergarten through grade 5) may reopen for in-person instruction, provided:
a. The school is not located in a Red Zone County, as provided by the Kentucky Department for Public Health on the COVID-19 website (available at Https://govstatus.egov.com/kycovid19);and
b. The school follows all expectations in the KDE Healthy at School Guidance on Safety Expectations and Best Practices for Kentucky Schools (available at https://govstatus.egov.com/ky-healthy-at-school).
4. Nothing in this Order shall prohibit schools from providing small group in-person targeted services, as provided in KDE guidance.
5. This Order shall apply to all institutions of public and private elementary and secondary education, but does not apply to private schools conducted in a home solely for members of that household.
More information will be communicated from your child's school as we make the transition to virtual learning. Please let us know if you have any questions.