Trimble County Public Schools
Visitor Check-in Procedures
It’s About Every Student, Every Day…No Excuses
Trimble County Public Schools encourage and welcome parents and other visitors to work as educational partners in our schools. As part of our commitment to the safety and security of all students, staff, and visitors in our schools, all visitors are required to enter through the front door of the building and report to the front office to sign in and receive a visitor badge to wear in a visible place while visiting the school.
Visitors will be asked to submit their driver’s license or other valid form of government-issued identification containing a photograph to obtain a visitor pass.
Upon leaving the campus, all visitors must stop by the front office to sign out, get their identification and return their visitor badge. This process helps school administrators know who may still be on campus in case the school has to be evacuated for any reason.
Visitors without a valid form of identification will only be allowed access to the office area. Valid forms of ID include a current driver’s license or state-issued identification card from any of the 50 states, U.S. passport card, Active Military ID, or other government-issued identification containing a photograph.
Procedures Before School Begins
- The front doors will open at least 40 minutes prior to the start of school. School begins at 8:25 am. Breakfast is served from 7:50am to 8:20am.
- Students should enter through the front door or designated student drop off door and proceed to the cafeteria for breakfast or to the designated location to wait until they are dismissed to class.
- Parents and other visitors must report to the front office to sign in, leave their photo identification and receive a visitor pass to wear before entering the building. Upon leaving campus, they must stop by the front office to sign out, get their photo ID and return their visitor pass.
Procedures During the School Day
- The front doors will be locked at the time of the tardy bell at 8:30am.
- Visitors and students who are tardy must request entry into the building by pressing the intercom button.
- After a visitor pushes the intercom button, office personnel will verify the person’s identity and their reason for requesting entry.
- Upon verification, office personnel will unlock the “entry door” to allow access.
- Visitors must go directly to the office to sign in and receive a visitor pass to wear while on campus.
- Students who arrive after the tardy bell need to report directly to the front office to sign in and receive a tardy pass.
Procedures at the End of the School Day
- Parents should wait outside the building to pick up their child unless they are needing to check their child out early from school for some reason.
- For parents or other visitors needing to enter the building at the end of the day, the front doors will unlock at the end of school day at 3:05pm.
- Parents and other visitors are required to report to the front office to sign in and receive a visitor pass to wear while on campus, but will not have to push the intercom button to request entry.
- The front doors will be locked approximately 15 minutes after the end of school, and after this time, as long as the front office is open, parents and other visitors must press the intercom button to request entry.