Trimble County Preschool is located at Bedford Elementary School and serves 3 and 4-year-old children. Kentucky’s preschool education programs are available for all 4-year-old children whose family is income eligible; all 3 and 4-year-old children with development delays and disabilities, regardless of income; and other 4-year-old children (tuition-based) as placements are available based on district decision. A limited number of tuition based slots may be available on a first come, first serve basis for children who are 4 by the public school cutoff date of 8/1/2017 who do not meet the income guidelines. Tuition rate is $20 per day and meals are provided free of charge.
Open enrollment dates are scheduled for July 10-14 and July 17-21 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 am to 11:30 am on Friday at the Board of Education. To enroll your child, you must have proof of residency (utility bill), income verification (check stub, W-2, income tax return, public assistance verification), and your child’s birth certificate, social security card (optional) and health insurance information Registration packets are available in the front office for your convenience if you prefer to complete them at home prior to enrolling your child.
Upon enrollment, requirements include: physical, immunizations, vision exam and dental exam. Preschool staff will conduct developmental and hearing screenings at a later date. For more information, please call the Trimble County Board of Education at (502)255-3201.
Important information for parents:
1. Preschool students attend Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
2. The program provides transportation for non-tuition based students. Parents will be notified during open house regarding the estimated time their child will be picked up and dropped off each day. Be aware that bus routes may be subject to change, especially at the beginning of school. Please be patient with pick up and drop off times during the first two weeks of school.
3. An adult must be at the bus stop every morning and afternoon to help the student on and off the bus. If an authorized adult is not present, the child will be taken back to Bedford Elementary.
4. The adult that receives the student in the afternoon must be listed on the student’s
Emergency Release form.
5. Preschool children drop-off and pick-up at BES will be at the main entrance. Students may be dropped off beginning at 7:50 a.m.
6. Students do not need to bring anything to school except a book bag (no wheels); all other school supplies will be furnished.
7. All children are served breakfast, lunch and a snack during school; children shall not bring food to school as all meals and snacks must comply with USDA requirements per state and federal regulations.
8. All visitors to Preschool must sign in upon entering the building.
9. Volunteers are always welcome. We encourage you to visit and volunteer anytime. Appropriate volunteer criminal checks are required.
10. Parents are welcome to eat breakfast or lunch with their children as well as volunteer in the classroom. Please send a note to school with your child or call the school so that we may notify the cafeteria.
We are looking forward to working with the parents and families of our students to make sure they have a great start to school!